What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct treatment branch that focuses on the power of self-healing. The emphasis of this practice is on prevention, treatment, and the achievement of optimal wellness. Naturopathic medical professionals like our own Kimberly Sweazy follow 6 basic healing tenants when helping patients:
- Heal Naturally – People have inherent, ordered, and intelligent self-healing capabilities. The physician’s goal is to remove the obstacles that prevent the body from healing itself and augment its natural abilities.
- Focus on Cause – The best course of action is to identify and treat illnesses at their source rather than merely treating symptoms.
- Do no Harm – Use as little force as necessary to treat and diagnose illnesses. Don’t suppress symptoms and respect the body’s self-healing process.
- Educate – Recognize and stay true to the therapeutic potential of a genuine doctor-patient relationship. In addition, always encourage self-help.
- Treat Holistically – Take the time to understand the totality of the patient; their mental, physical, genetic, environmental, spiritual, and social aspects.
- Promote Prevention – Address all risk factors that may contribute to future illness and encourage patients to practice prevention.
Of the many concerns that naturopathic medicine addresses, the following are the most common. These problems don’t often have clear-cut solutions. This is why a holistic, compassionate approach is necessary to fully address and alleviate them.
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a common diagnosis ascribed to those suffering from long bouts of exhaustion. At MV Integrative, we take the time to get a comprehensive picture of our patients before prescribing treatment. There may be several reasons for your fatigue, but your body is capable of addressing them naturally and we’re here to help guide it.
Hormonal imbalances begin to occur later in life. Post-menopausal women often report experiencing hair loss and difficulty sleeping due to a slowdown in estrogen production. Similarly, men suffering from a decline in testosterone may experience weight gain, sluggishness, and a lack of motivation. An assessment of your hormonal level is a must for finding the best treatment option possible.
Joint and Muscle Pain
Poor nutrition and hormonal changes often culminate in diseases that cause joint pain. Arthritis and osteoporosis are common among those experiencing hormonal imbalance. In some cases, your pain may be caused by a disruption in endorphin levels. Natural hormonal loss is unavoidable, but pain management through replacement therapy is available to those in need.
Medical Treatment Options
Hormone Replacement Therapy
MV Interactive is dedicated to promoting the natural healing properties of your body. Our trained staff of naturopathic healthcare specialists are proud to provide you with hormone replacement treatments. Each visit with us will begin with a consultation that examines your life from every aspect. Afterward, a specialized plan of action will be made to help guide you back to health. Through our treatment package, your body and mind will regain their synchrony and rid you of your pain naturally.
Naturopathic Medicine in Fairbanks, Alaska
Your body is capable of amazing things, let us help you unlock your full potential. Visit our expert staff of naturopathic medicine providers to revitalize your youth and return to optimal wellness. Request a consultation appointment today by calling (907) 371-1777 or sharing your information via the form below.